Modders Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you love your game? Mod it. Don't let it die.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Cosmic Era dead?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
l'Aile Rien
Casual Gamer
l'Aile Rien

MECHA MECHA : Wing Gundam (Katoki Type)

Is Cosmic Era dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is Cosmic Era dead?   Is Cosmic Era dead? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:58 am

Rather than being overly-sentimental about this, I encourage all serious Gundam fans to think about this for a moment: With no animated series since SEED Destiny, no official comic series being publicly released, and otherwise no comments from Sunrise or BANDAI with relation to the stories and characters of the Cosmic Era, has the world of Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala been thrown into the garbage?

Truthfully, nothing is really disposed-of when it comes to BANDAI, Japan's leading toy-maker, so there's always a chance for Cosmic Era-type series to make a comeback. But I question whether or not this is like saying that "After War-serieses have a chance to be made someday." The reasoning has come because of a number of items:

1) Gundam SEED Destiny was junk.
2) Gundam 00 is aesthetically akin to what Cosmic Era serieses offered as well as being stronger in story and character design.
3) Cosmic Era serieses bear the unflattering title of being started from a story so much like the Universal Century's beginnings that producers would equate the creative results of a new C.E. world to a new U.C. world...while lacking the continued fan support of the latter.
4) The fickleness of Japan's entertainment industry, combined with lackluster economic conditions, means that producing an expensive work of animation for a fanbase which has effectively emigrated to Anno Domini would be foolish.
5) Previous attempts to raise the respectability of the Cosmic Era using video games and movie versions of animated serieses failed to accomplish any notable results.

All this being said, don't get me wrong. If I was offered the choice between a new Cosmic Era series and a new Anno Domini series, I would choose the C.E. option because, as a fan, I am closer to the characters and stories therein. Nevertheless, if the realities mentioned above are true, it is very likely that the Cosmic Era has been placed in the same 'discard' basket as Future Century, After Colony, After War, and Correct Century, left to be used whenever someone feels like it, but never to be on the same level as Universal Century or the currently-promoted series.

But with this, someone might very well disagree with my statements herein; the popularity of Cosmic Era series dominated the Gundam franchise for more than five years, surpassing any other non-U.C. worlds in the history of Gundam; this is no simple compliment, and as such, if Anno Domini were to fall, could Cosmic Era be seen as a potential replacement even after its previous results?
Back to top Go down
http://www.doukeshi.net
Dusty
Admin
Admin
Dusty

MECHA MECHA : REBORNS

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Era dead?   Is Cosmic Era dead? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:29 pm

hum...i did like seed destiny, though they recycled most of the combat animation,
i think the gundams (design) were truly epic.

But i have to say,this GUNDAM might be dead, it is still re-used constantly in todays market,
Seed has made a big entrance in America, allot of today's gundam fan are here because of seed.

If we think about it, we can find many sub-production of the series, as in the gunpla (figurines)
and the latest games ( Aother Century Episode, GundamVsGundam, GundamBattleAssault...ect),
most video game producers are inspire-red by the popularity of gundam seed, although not my favorite, (i knew gundam from gundam00) , it's still nostalgic to see such epic mechs (the wings are memorable) fighting.

I think Seed will go on, as long as there is money to make.
But for the anime? nah, it's dead.

...but don't forget, cosmic Era has the most gundam game playable ever.

Back to top Go down
phoron
Admin
Admin
phoron

MECHA MECHA : GNX-609T GNX-III
Location : Lagrange 3 Celestial Being HQ... Joke* Philippines, Manila

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Era dead?   Is Cosmic Era dead? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 am

But... come to think of it... Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny also became popular.... it has the most indestructible mobile suit in all the gundam series made by Sunrise inc... the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam... the one kira yamato piloted in the GSD series... and the only mobile suit with a Master Grade Model ever released by bandai in the cosmic era... it was also the only mobile suit along with the ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice that was leave unscratch in the second bloody valentine battle.

Quote :
If we think about it, we can find many sub-production of the series, as in the gunpla (figurines)

Gunpla cant be considered as a figurine..... gunpla stands for "gundam plastic" models.. thats why they call it as gunpla models... didnt they... ^_^

And the cosmic era has already been ended after the events of the 2nd bloody valentine war in the series...
Back to top Go down
http://www.msadventdestiny.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Era dead?   Is Cosmic Era dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Cosmic Era dead?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Modders Vault :: Fandoms :: Cosmic Era-
Jump to: