Modders Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you love your game? Mod it. Don't let it die.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is where I get to be myself

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
l'Aile Rien
Casual Gamer
l'Aile Rien

MECHA MECHA : Wing Gundam (Katoki Type)

This is where I get to be myself Empty
PostSubject: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:38 am

Both awkward and exciting, I must say, is the opportunity to finally make a post on this forum which forges an even-slightly-accurate representation of the person I am in-reality. While it may be true that, given the chance to speak on the Gundam franchise and the various creative talents which have made one of the world's greatest science fiction universes possible, I will bring some knowledge and intelligence to the table, the more-accurate representation of my interests would be this: Fandom is merely a hobby which I accepted to be inferior to true creation many years ago.

SHIN KIDOU SENKI GUNDAM W is, relative to the Gundam franchise, where I got my start as a science fiction writer. True, as an American boy, the brilliance of the 1980s and programmes such as G.I. Joe, Transformers, C.O.P.S., Robotech, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and King Arthur and the Knights of Justice were always there to teach me what manliness and artistic abilities meant when mixed together, but with complete honesty, nothing brought me more excitement than KATSUYUKI SUMIZAWA's girl-influenced robot combat story...and Treize Kushrenada's philosophical standards...and TWO-MIX's techno-pop choruses.

Naturally, an obsessed fanboy has few places to turn but to create his own fictional worlds related to his own favourites. After all, what beats drawing pictures of Zechs Merquise and Lucretzia Noin or writing stories where Trowa Barton has to fight using a general production mobile suit, thereby proving that he doesn't need a godly Gundam to beat his opposition?--Well, the truth is that all of this is a great thing with which to start-off, but when Bandai, Sunrise, YOSHIYUKI TOMINO, the guy who writes the shitty Gundam SEED comics, and/or DVD distributors in the United States risk getting in the way of creating a story which is better than 1979 could produce, then an intelligent fanboy needs to take the correct step and stop being held-back by someone else's work by creating his own.

My profile on this website contains a link to the publishing group at-which I have worked for the last six years. The only reason why I bring-up this very topic today is because I want all of you to know that I respect you for being more than mere fanboys. There are thousands--if not millions--of fanboys in this world who possess a greater dedication to having a good time, laughing, and enjoying their pitiful free-time than tightening their lips so that they might have the power to scream into the world something fresh, new, and enjoyable. In the past few weeks, I have seen several interesting discussions flow-through the forums here, and with the idea of creating fan-works potentially still on the table, I tighten my upper lip to say: Are you ready to use your talents, hard work, dedication, and cooperative skills to create something which no-one but yourself deserves to lead into the future?

Suffice it to say that I could go-on forever on this topic. My disgust for repetitive fanboyism is the reason why I have been banned from every Japanese animation-related forum which has felt the sarcastic violence of my words. Nevertheless, I hope that those who have the patience to read this well-constructed tower of the English language will step-back for one moment and consider the difference that "going independent" can make for talented people. Suddenly, combat machinery is 100% original and composed by YOU; the warfare which engages the people on your planets and colonies is free to explode as YOU desire; the characters which develop hate, love, and lust for one another are from the world YOU have decided to create. And that's all there is to it.

The change is not a difficult one to make unless one is somehow afraid that all of the fanboys will abandon one's project simply because it no-longer holds the "Gundam" name. In short, fuck those guys anyway; let them wait for years-on-end for their mass-produced animated series and for some translator to fix their inability to understand the Japanese language. Brilliant things come from people who are willing to challenge the norm--as a combat machinery fan, think of Battletech, Robotech, Transformers, and IGPX--all serieses which only came to existence because people with influences from Japan, the Americas, and Europe decided to kick some ass with their unique mixtures of talents. I know that you guys can do the same.

Best wishes in the future,
[I don't know what online username is appropriate right now.]
~悟り零~
Back to top Go down
http://www.doukeshi.net
Dusty
Admin
Admin
Dusty

MECHA MECHA : REBORNS

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:59 am

...*speechless*

hum...i read the whole tread, i swear...
amazing, thats the exact reason why i created this section...

i aslo want more than fandom, i want creation.
You re more than welcome here,
i thank you for making such a tread,
all i can say is:

i could not agree with you more.

I plan on using wind00m community to
mod a game, create art and discuss mecha.(gundam)
I too, think creation is very important.

we will create.
one question though...wil you stick with us?
it almost sound as you were writing a farewell message.
...dont scare us.

l Aile rien, notre ange gardien.
Back to top Go down
Helldiver450
Rising Modder
Rising Modder
Helldiver450

MECHA MECHA : UNION flag

PostSubject: You know what the Gundam franchise needs?   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 am

A psychological series of it.

Dude imagine how much deeper the Gundam universe can be.
Man... I hated Gundam Wing.

Here is why:

the ZERO system... It had so much potential.
It was slowly to develop a full mind of its own and started speaking to the pilot.

Dude, imagine how much deeper the entire friggin show would've been if Wing Zero wasn't detonated at the end of the Endless Waltz movie?

Imagine Heero Yui finally losing his cool in his final battle and shows his true colors?
Then Wing Zero's Zero system comes in and lends him a hand at the most heroic moment.
At this point, he finally understands the Zero system and becomes one with it, all of a sudden the pilot goes in full sync with Zero's mind.

Dude, imagine how awesomely climactic that would've been for a final battle?

But no, the creators of the show simply decided to treat it like the machine that it is and then make the pilots self destruct their beautiful Gundams in a choppy-tacky looking explosion sequence.

Dude, I really wanted to see more of the Zero system.It could've made the series so much cooler if it had its shining moment.

Sadly, that's not the case.
Hopefully Gundam 00 can try to relate to Wing Zero, since they are both within the category of the 0 system.

Think about it, Wing Zero can still appear in the Gundam 00 series as the first genuine GN drive-operated machine!
Why? The feathers.
GN particles and the Feathers of its wings are very similar in the particle effects.
So I think WIng Zero could have probably been the most powerful GN particle Gundam EVER if both of its wings were completely made of solidified GN particles!

I bet MangaKaninja is probably jizzing all over the place as he reads this xD. He's an avid Gundam 00 fan as i am of ZOE.

Back to top Go down
phoron
Admin
Admin
phoron

MECHA MECHA : GNX-609T GNX-III
Location : Lagrange 3 Celestial Being HQ... Joke* Philippines, Manila

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 am

I agree with you... but the sad thing is that it cant be related for some reason... the Gundam Wing series falls to the UC era while the 00 series was from the anno domini universe... its the same with C.E... C.E. wouldn't ever be related with the UC era.

P.S. Onegai... try lessening those long posts... it kinda makes those who read it go nuts before they even finished reading it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.msadventdestiny.com/
l'Aile Rien
Casual Gamer
l'Aile Rien

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:08 am

I thank you all for your kind replies, as well as not getting too angry at me for my perhaps off-topic thread started in this forum. Suffice it to say that the relationship between this thread and this forum began because of an understanding between the "Manga Studio" programme and the willingness for those with creative talents to move forward and create an actual comic book. For this, I myself owe Manga Studio's tools very much, and encourage those who have sufficient ambition to do more with their creative desires than post simple pictures on DeviantArt or circulate three-page short-stories relative to trademarks they do not even own.

But why am I here?--No, it is not to propagate my love for Gundam W. No, it is not to magically shame people into doing things they do not wish to do on their own. Truthfully speaking, I look at people with artistic abilities and I fall in-love. Having worked in the comic book industry for many years, I can tell you that collaboration is the key to brilliance, and that remaining oneself in a single creative place is the sign of a path-to-arrogance. As this is a forum where people are familiar with the creative studios of Japan, consider the greatness that comes as a result of talented writers, skilful character designers, educated mechanical artists, creative musicians, and others who are willing to put self-centrism aside in the understanding that, when united, people can do things that they cannot do alone.

This being said, what is the plan?--Indeed, the banner at the top of this website suggests that there is a definite sort of unified plan. Nevertheless, as I am merely a man who has felt his attraction to this gathering place increase with sparkling eyes pointed toward computer-generated war machines, I am not exactly the one who determines this sort of plan. But I am a person who is always willing to help, and I want you all to understand this. Fifty hours per week, I am planted either in-front of a computer, mastering hand-drawn artwork and lettering text-bubbles onto pre-press comic pages, or writing the latest scripts for the publications my studio enjoys releasing to the public. So unfortunately, it becomes hard for me to dedicate time to... uh... talking about a cartoon some Japanese guys made in the '70s. But when it comes to talking about working hard to make dreams into reality... that's something I can convince my key-stroking fingers to do.

So if you ever want to get something rolling, let me know. Hopefully my posts here show that I'm a little more Treize than Zechs, but as the battles become deeper and more-intense, it is my hope that my actions can show-through as much as these words. Until then, モン友、まいどー大きいにっや!

With rapid heartbeats of thanks,
~悟り零~
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Admin
Admin
Dusty

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:03 pm

*he did say onegai...(lol)*

@aile rien
you couldnt be more ON topic.
by the way, you dont need to justify youreself,
your a moderator, not for nothing.

and im glad to know someone else with comic interests.

ps: if you can use MS ...maybe we could form up a manga team!
...making our own comic (book)!...just an idea, if your interrested...talk to me about it.
Back to top Go down
l'Aile Rien
Casual Gamer
l'Aile Rien

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:40 pm

mangakaninja wrote:
...im glad to know someone else with comic interests...if you can use MS...maybe we could form up a manga team!...making our own comic (book)!...just an idea, if your interrested...talk to me about it.
As I consider writing this reply, part of me says "Hey, when considering a collaborative effort with your kind friend, MangaKaNinja, should you not be sending a private message rather than posting it on the forum for all to see?" but the greater whole reminds me to understand "All of us are here to participate in this discussion, and the creation of opportunity for artists to work together on a potentially-thrilling project is one which should never be kept private" and thus, so it begins.

Indeed, my dear sir, I can work with Manga Studio programmes and compose comic-type pages in a number of styles. If I can submit myself to a potential team built out of this community's ever-expanding ambitions, I would be honoured to be the kind of man who works with writers, artists, and designers to merge all of these things together to form an original work of graphic art which hopefully can excite your future fans to the same level or greater than KIDOU SENSHI GUNDAM has done for the past thirty years.

It begins with an idea. One of us will be "the brains" behind the composition, charged with formulating the story and all that makes it worth reading. One of us will be "the brawn" behind a real, live graphic story, designing the looks for the characters, settings, and all-else that makes this project worth looking-at. And the potential staff expands from there until we are assured that, indeed, there is no more reason to believe there is any alternative but that, from this, will come something one-thousand times the thrill of a child's playground of fan-fiction. All that it takes now is the group to be formed.

Who is ready for the uncompromising passion of OTAKU NO VIDEO, leaping into a public fountain screaming a rejection of people who don't understand things like Gundam, MANGA, or animated films, and turning the burning heart which has grown within your chest into the beating bloodstroke of a future worth living?

君のオタキング、
~悟り零~
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Admin
Admin
Dusty

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 am

indeed you ARE motivated...

but creating a manga team is not a preset formula.

first, we have to know our respective "level" of drawing\writing\inking and ect...

you cant start a team without knowing each of the members level.
plus, i think we should compose a team this way;

_the guy who write the story(and write the text bubules)

_the guy who imagine the whole setup and draw the main rough

_the other guy who : inks, and add the tones (correct some imperfection)

_the other guy who...help one of the previous one if a problem shows up.

BUT, that doesnt mean it has to be that way,
we can have like, 3people drawind the rough, and 2 writing a story...

anyway, i think we should start up a contest:
make a whole page of what you do best.

exemple, if you can write: write a short story.

if you can draw : draw a 1 page story (manga)

if you can ink; ink one of the submited page

and if you can help...show your motivated.

hows that?
any other idea? suggestions?

main theme of the manga: invented era of gundam ...or...?

Back to top Go down
Omphai
Admin
Admin
Omphai

MECHA MECHA : Xenogears

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 am

original mecha ^^
Back to top Go down
Helldiver450
Rising Modder
Rising Modder
Helldiver450

MECHA MECHA : UNION flag

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 am

mangakaninja wrote:
indeed you ARE motivated...

but creating a manga team is not a preset formula.

first, we have to know our respective "level" of drawing\writing\inking and ect...

you cant start a team without knowing each of the members level.
plus, i think we should compose a team this way;

_the guy who write the story(and write the text bubules)

_the guy who imagine the whole setup and draw the main rough

_the other guy who : inks, and add the tones (correct some imperfection)

_the other guy who...help one of the previous one if a problem shows up.

BUT, that doesnt mean it has to be that way,
we can have like, 3people drawind the rough, and 2 writing a story...

anyway, i think we should start up a contest:
make a whole page of what you do best.

exemple, if you can write: write a short story.

if you can draw : draw a 1 page story (manga)

if you can ink; ink one of the submited page

and if you can help...show your motivated.

hows that?
any other idea? suggestions?

main theme of the manga: invented era of gundam ...or...?

AND I WILL BE THE PRODUCER TO TURN THE MANGA INTO A SHOW! :)

Anybody that saw my Evangelion fan-trailer would know well of my talents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is where I get to be myself   This is where I get to be myself Empty

Back to top Go down

This is where I get to be myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Modders Vault :: Modder's lounge :: Manga studios-
Jump to: